toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
The latest JTAlert version 2.50.8 is now available at https://hamapps.com/JTAlert/
Note: The installer is now distributed as a single
multi-architecture x64 & x86 (64bit & 32bit) executable
file. After installation when JTAlert is run it will automatically
use the correct 64bit or 32bit files required by your Windows OS
installation. It is important that the correct NET 5 Desktop Runtime
is installed, 64bit or 32bit, matching the architecture of your
Windows OS. If you're running 64bit Windows you need the 64bit (x64)
version of the NET 5 Desktop Runtime, NOT the 32bit version.
The new installer has been examined by Microsoft and flagged as
Virus/Trojan free. The MS Defender definitions files have been
updated to exclude JTAlert 2.50.8 as a possible threat.
Full release notes are available at the end of this message. I
strongly encourage all users to read these before installing this
new JTAlert release.
de Laurie VK3AMA
*** Includes Callsign database file version 2021-11-25
- Callsigns Window: New ATNO (All Time New One) visual
alert for the Wanted DXCC,
US State and VE Province alerts. When the ATNO is
triggered the callsign display
tile will blink. See the Help file "Tutorials ->
ATNO Visual Alert" topic for
setup and usage instructions.
- Decodes window: New "Window On Top" option.
- Wanted Callsigns: New option to export the list of
callsigns to a csv file.
- Ignored Callsigns: New option to export the list of
callsigns to a csv file.
- User Defined Alert: New ATNO environment variables,
%JTAlert_IsAtnoState% & %JTAlert_IsAtnoProvince%,
set to "Yes" or "No"
depending on triggered state of the ATNO type.
- JTAlert installer: Now distributed as a single
multi-architecture x64 & x86
(64bit & 32bit) executable file.
- Callsigns Window: dB font size increased. It now matches
the font size of
the Country name.
- Worked B4: The "Ignore Gridsquare" option split into two
options, HF and VHF. VHF is considered to be 6m, 4m
& 2m only.
- AK & HI log entries: When an Alaskan or Hawaiian QSO
is encountered in the
users Log file during the "Alert Database Rebuild"
operation, The US State
used for the rebuild will be automatically set to "AK"
& "HI" respectively,
ignoring any incorrect or missing State recorded in the
Note: This does NOT alter the users Log.
- ACLog: The Alert database rebuild was incorrectly
assignig dxcc credit for
maritime mobile, /MM, callsigns. This is due to a
defect in ACLog recording
a dxcc number for /MM QSOs in the log when there should
be no assignment.
- MSHV style F/H decodes: Fox callsign not alerting when
decode is a multi-message
decode with individual messages seperated by a
- JTDX UDP: Broken JTDX Multicast UDP triggered by the
JTAlert "WSJT-X Multicast
on Loopback" menu setting being enabled when using a
224.x.x.x address. This was
caused by JTDX internally behaving differently for
224.x.x.x addresses compared
to 239.x.x.x multicast addresses.
- DXLab SpotCollector: Local spot notes incorrectly
displaying positive DT values
with a double plus sign, "++".
- Grid Logging: In some cases the gridsquare entered in
the WSJTX/JTDX "Log QSO"
window was being ignored and an old log entry
gridsquare was logged instead.