locked Re: gmail alerts stopped working when Google forced on two-factor authentication on Nov 9, 2021

Brian

Edited

Google forced it on November 9th for all "free" accounts, at least here in the USA.  I have three of them and they all went on 11/9/2021.  Thanks for the info on setting up the app password, that is probably the solution and I'll give it a try!

Google
Soon you’ll sign in with 2-Step Verification
After you enter your password, you’ll complete a second step on your phone. Keep your phone nearby when you sign in.

2-Step Verification will be turned on automatically on November 9. You can turn this on sooner if you want — your account is all set.