locked gmail alerts stopped working when Google forced on two-factor authentication on Nov 9, 2021

Brian

FYI when Google forced TFA on for free accounts on Nov 9, my email alerts stopped working (using swithmail).

I did find I could go in to Google account settings and turn two-factor back off, and alerts started working again.

I even tried signing in on that PC with a browser with TFA and made sure remember this device was checked, but I think that is just a browser cookie and did not work for swithmail.

Anyone else have this issue, and anyone know how to manage a TFA sign-in from the command line (alert.bat) with swithmail?

thanks

Brian N3OC