locked Re: JT ALERT stopped communicating with wsjt-x

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/11/2021 9:07 am, afa1yy wrote:
No QSOs are showing. any help welcome.
SJT-X UDP ID          :
WSJT-X UDP Port        : 2237
WSJT-X UDP Server      : 127.0.0.1
WSJT-X UDP MCast on LB : False
WSJT-X UDP Max Schema  :

You're missing most of the WSJT-X diagnostic information included in the JTAlert "Help -> About".

Is this loss of comms with WSJT-X a recent problem or has it always done this? If recent, what software changes/updates have you made recently?

If you haven't done so already, a Windows Restart is worth a try especially if changed behavior has only just occurred.

I note that you're using unicast UDP for the WSJT-X UDP Server settings. Perhaps some other application is taking exclusive control of the UDP port and locking JTAlert out of the UDP comms.  I suggest setting WSJT-X to use Multicast UDP and setting any other applications that interoperate with WSJTX, like JTAlert, to use multicast UDP. See the JTAlert Help file "WSJT-X UDP Setup" topic, it has simple instructions for setting up multicast UDP.