locked Re: WSJTX & JTDX with JTAlert

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/11/2021 1:50 am, Pawel Stobinski wrote:

I wanted to have two WSJTXs + one JTDX instance running each with its JTAlert. I can get WSJTXs+JTAlerts alone working but then trying to start JTAlert for JTDX fails, as if it's not identifying the JTDX. And vice versa, JTAlert+JTDX started first work okay but then adding WSJTx is not successful. Is there a way to get such a set working well?

Best regards, Paul, sq5nry

Sorry, That's not possible.

I did some searching and found this note in the 2.10.0 release notes...
  Changes:

    - The multi-instance support has also been changed. Running multiple copies
       of JTAlert against both WSJT-X and JTDX simultaneously is not supported.
       You can run multiple instances of JTAlert against either WSJT-X OR JTDX
       only. Both types of applications can be running simultaneously on the PC,
       but only one JTAlert operating mode (against WSJT-X or JTDX) is allowed.

The above notes have been added to the JTAlert Help file, "Multiple Instances" topic for the next JTAlert release.