locked Re: Second sound card recommendaiton

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-10-22 3:30 PM, John wrote:
I think the poster was looking for a way to hear the JtAlert alerts, not to use for data transmissions.
Use the built in sound card for the alerts (Windows Default Device)
and the external sound card for WSJTX.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-10-22 3:30 PM, John wrote:
I think the poster was looking for a way to hear the JtAlert alerts, not to
use for data transmissions.
John
VE7KKQ
On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 12:11 PM Jim Brown <k9yc01@gmail.com> wrote:

This is a report I first prepared 7 years ago, and have updated several
times since. The Tascam US100 is still my primary audio interface. AG6EE
uses one of the ASUS units for his extensive grid expeditions on VHF FT8
and MSK144.

http://k9yc.com/USB_Interfaces.pdf

On Fri, Oct 22, 2021 at 11:47 AM Jim Cary <JimLCary@gmail.com> wrote:

My computer (Dell Optiflex 7010) has only one sound card and I would like
to add either a second internal one, or an external one in order to receive
sound alerts. I'd appreciate any recommendations anyone might have.

Thanks,
Jim
W2SM
JimLCary@gmail.com