locked Re: Not ignoring /MM stations

Patrick St. Jean

Yep, but it can count for other things, like CQ's DX area award, grid worked (VUCC comes to mind), ITU Zone, CQ Zone, etc.

I received a beta with a fix in it, and that cleaned up my alerts. Turns out a 15m /MM station had mistakenly given me credit for France as well. Thankfully there was an opening yesterday and now I have a real France confirmation. :)

Pat, K0OOK

On 10/21/21 12:26 PM, Jim N6VH wrote:

On 10/18/2021 7:11 PM, Dave Garber wrote:
maybe the ra0lq/mm was docked on land at the time, so it was accepted..  check his grid, and maybe email him to confirm

Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE

Even it was docked, it doesn't count for DXCC under most circumstances. This is from the DXCC rules:

8.  All stations contacted must be "land stations." Contacts with ships and boats, anchored or underway, and airborne aircraft, cannot be counted.  Exception: Permanently docked exhibition ships, such as the Queen Mary and other historic ships will be considered land based.

73,

Jim N6VH

--
Pat in Lewisville            '19 FLSB            '97 XLH 883 (Rocinante)
BS#140                       K0OOK                   EKIII rides with me