locked Re: Not alerting new DXCC when double message comes in

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 21/10/2021 2:28 am, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
Laurie, will need to explain what is different in the UDP traffic
from WSJTX that prevents that but I suspect it is due to some
missing data in the UDP specification.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

Joe,

There is nothing unusual/different in the UDP data for these multi-message format F/H decodes. JTAlert is not alerting because it is not coded to consider the semicolon delimited messages. They are seen as non-standard format decode messages and are simply ignored. This is due to the decode parsing code having been written long before F/H mode existed.

When F/H mode was released, it was deemed non-critical that Fox callsigns were not alerted since hound stations would knew who they were chasing as the activity was restricted to frequencies away from the standard FT8 watering-holes.

Now that we have inconsiderate DXpeditions polluting the bands with their activity in the traditional non-dxpedition areas of activity, I will look at refactoring the message parsing/alerting code to consider all parts of a multi-message decode. I'll posts a new build to the Test group when it is done.