locked Re: .net 5.0.11 already installed and JTA not happy

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 20/10/2021 12:00 pm, Vince Loschiavo wrote:
i've installed this and the checker for .net still says it isn't installed

If the framework check is repeatedly reporting that the required .NET Desktop Runtime is not installed, that is the problem. This repeated warning is saying you don't have the "Desktop Runtime" installed. That is the problem. If you believe you do have the runtime installed, its is 100% guaranteed is not the required "Desktop" version
.
The internal code to check for the existence of the needed runtime is not my code, but is Micorosoft code that is automatically baked into any executable that is compiled with a specific runtime requirement. I can't control this Microsoft popup when the runtime is not installed, it is automatic, and is serving its purpose of alerting to a missing requirement.