locked Re: Not ignoring /MM stations

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 19/10/2021 12:34 am, Patrick St. Jean wrote:
I just worked RA0LQ/MM and got a LOTW confirmation overnight. As part of my normal routine, I rebuilt my alert databases. It credited me with Asiatic Russia on 17m thanks to that one. I went in and manually removed the country from the have list for 17m/FT8 and then rebuilt again. It got added back. This is my only 17m contact with an Asiatic Russia prefix, regardless of mode.

I'm running JTAlert 2.50.6 and ACLog 7.0.2.

Are there any further steps I can take to ensure that this doesn't keep happening, and so that I don't have to go in and remove that DXCC entity every time I rebuild the alerts?

Firstly do not perform both manual updating of your wanted dxccs and running the rebuild operation. The rebuild, which uses the content of your log, ignores any manual changes you have applied. Your log should be used to determine what is needed and not needed.

As for RA0LQ/MM, that is not valid for dxcc purposes. The confirmation you received from Lotw would not (or should not) have confirmed Asiatic Russia. All /MM callsigns are not valid for dxcc.