locked Re: Which version of JT Alert works now with my HRD v6.7.0.391 Release

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 19/10/2021 11:07 am, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:

dot NET 5.0.11 *DESKTOP* works just fine with the most recent version
of Windows 10.  If "rolling back" to 5.0.5 made a difference, you
probably have the console version of 5.0.11 (wrong product).

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

Exactly! You beat me to it Joe.

If rolling back the .NET version corrects the JTAlert operation it is because the original version was the non-desktop version and the rolled-back version was the "Desktop Runtime" as is required by JTAlert, which is a Desktop application.

In ALL cases I have seen where people have a broken JTAlert install related to the .NET install, it has been due to the non-desktop runtime being installed, despite the many posts about this, the online documentation with direct links to the correct runtimes and the JTAlert help file instructions. Once the affected users took the time to read the instructions or follow the posted instructions and installed the "Desktop Runtime" JTAlert starts operating as designed.