locked Re: JTAlert/WSJT-X Issues with AK and HI, plus B4 problem

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 15/10/2021 1:18 pm, Ronald Clanton wrote:
I take it that you don't have any issue with HI and AK showing as needed in JTAlert when you have had confirmed contacts?

How have you set JTAlert for the Wanted State and Wanted Country Alerts with respect to Band & Mode tracking? If they are not set the same, than it is normal to see AK or HI stations generating a State Alert while not generating a Country Alert.

In my case I have Country alerting set for "by individual band" and "by any digital mode" but have the State alerting set for "by individual band" and "by individual mode". Example, in the case of a log confirmed entry for HI on 20m JT65, a HI station decoded on 20m FT8 will not generate a HI Country alert but will generate a HI State alert as I am tracking States by individual mode, but Countries by any digital mode and HI has already been confirmed on JT65.