locked Re: JTAlert/WSJT-X Issues with AK and HI, plus B4 problem

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-10-14 10:18 PM, Ronald Clanton wrote:

I take it that you don't have any issue with HI and AK showing as needed in JTAlert when you have had confirmed contacts?
None at all. Are they color coded as wanted states or wanted countries?
What are your respective state/country goals - any/individual bands?
Any Mode, Individual mode, Any Digital Mode, Any WSTX Mode? Are your
goals the same for state/country?

Hover your mouse over the tile in the All Decodes display and see
what is highlighted in blue - that will tell you what is
triggering the "need".

Also, I thought in the past that a contact was only marked "B4" when confirmed?
No, B4 are marked as such when worked, not when confirmed.

Additionally, in the decode box, it doesn't flag it as a wanted DXCC (only grey)... even though that unconfirmed contact is the only one for that DXCC entry.
B4 will take precedence. "Reworking" a given station on the same band
does not "advance" one's progress. If you have given up on receiving
confirmation for the previous contact, mark it "invalid" in your logging
program and JTAlert will ignore the previous QSO.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-10-14 10:18 PM, Ronald Clanton wrote:
Dave,
Thanks for the reply!  I've confirmed the filename.  Interesting that the HI and AK issue has been there since I started using JTAlert over a year ago.  The B4 issue is brand new with this version... as far as I can tell.
I take it that you don't have any issue with HI and AK showing as needed in JTAlert when you have had confirmed contacts?
Ron
KE7NJ