Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2021 11:53
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Suggestion for Sound - add filter for minimum RX dB theshold

Hi Scott,

Remember that this number is the signal-to-noise ratio at the receiving station and is only indirectly related to the actual receive level.  Your QSO partner may have a very low noise level and can hear really weak signals.

Have you played with reducing your RF gain to see if this gives you the same effect?  (I have not tried this, so it may have no effect.)

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2021 11:02

Laurie,

I love your program and use the sound app to call me to the radio from elsewhere in the house when a DX I need is announced.  I have learned that my receiver works better than my transmitter in that I can often decode stations at -20 to -24, but realistically my odds of working those stations are are slim and none (and slim is on his horse headed out of town).
I'm wondering if you might consider adding a filter so that the audio alerts only trigger when the received dB level is above a preset threshold.  I have no concept of the programming complexity involved with my idea, but I am putting it in the suggestion box all the same.

Thanks for a great product!

73,

Scott

Scott Straw, KB4KBS