locked Re: 2.50.6 upgrade problems

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 23/09/2021 11:39 pm, Colin Phillips wrote:
I've been using WSJT-X 2.3.0 with JTAlert 2.16 for some time with no problems.
Today I updated JTalert to 2.50.6 and installed. Net 5 from the hamapps page.
When I run JTalert the main window opens, I can open the decode widow.
There is no connection to WSJT, the Callsign window does not open and the About screen does not open.
Also I don't get any sound when I try the sound test.
Any thoughts on what has gone wrong?
Colin, G8NBO

The inability to test sounds, open the About window or the Callsigns window, which are all controlled by the JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process, indicates that the manager process is not running or is repeatedly stopping and starting. This typically occurs due to an incorrect NET 5 installation, either a architecture (bit) type not matching the JTAlert architecture type or installing the non "Desktop Runtime" version.

See this pinned message https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/35794