locked Re: B4 Behavior

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-09-17 7:10 PM, Dave Garber wrote:
how do you rescan a log in wsjtx
WSJTX rereads the log every time it starts.

On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 9:42 AM WB5JJJ - George <wb5jjj@gmail.com
<mailto:wb5jjj@gmail.com>> wrote:
So I'm at a loss as to why WSJTx is sending it on as a wanted
contact.
JTAlert does not use the B4 information from WSJTX. When you use an
external log, JTAlert compares the "received" data to previously
logged data - Callsign, Grid, Band and mode (and date - if you have
have selected "Ignore QSOs B4"). JTAlert reads the log and caches a
copy in memory every time it starts.

If you are not closing JTAlert and your logging program after every
operating session, you risk damage to the cached image of your log
data through sleep/hibernate/shutdown that could cause inaccurate
QSO B4 behavior.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-09-17 7:10 PM, Dave Garber wrote:
how do you rescan a log in wsjtx
Dave Garber
VE3WEJ / VE3IE
On Fri, Sep 17, 2021 at 9:42 AM WB5JJJ - George <wb5jjj@gmail.com <mailto:wb5jjj@gmail.com>> wrote:
I have seen this also in recent days/weeks.  I also noticed that
WSJTx does NOT honor a B4 status on some stations, thus triggering
the wanted status on to JTAlert.  Nothing special about the call or
any other information at all.
To test, I disconnected my log (HRD) from JTAlert and logged a fake
QSO in WSJTx for the actual B4 station that I'm currently seeing,
and then forced WSJTx to rescan its adif log.  That seemed to fix
the problem.  In comparing the previous adif log entry for that
non-B4 station and the new fake one, they appear to be identical in
Notepad++.  The next time this happens, I'm going to copy the fake
QSO in place of the original one, delete the fake one and then force
WSJTx to do a rescan.   Will be interesting to see what happens.
So I'm at a loss as to why WSJTx is sending it on as a wanted
contact.  (Reported to the developers group)  JTAlert is apparently
behaving as it should, based on the bad information it gets from
WSJTx, even though I think JTAlert should have recognized the entry
as a B4 itself.
--
73's
George - WB5JJJ