locked Re: New Computer installation No operator call sign box

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 5/09/2021 5:29 am, Tom Harson wrote:
I just got a new computer and, installed 2.50. When I envoke the program for the first time, NO call sign box appears. I have tried a lot of things but I have not solved this issue. I have the same issue with version 2.16.16 and 2.16.17. Obviously need some help !

73 de Tom K5VJZ

The Callsign is stored within the Registry. If JTAlert cannot find an entry (when first installed) it should show a popup window allowing you to enter the Callsign. Likely that window is showing behind another window and is automatically closing after the 30 second timeout for entry has elapsed.

You will need manually add an entry to the Registry if you're unable to see the Callsign input window.

Using Regedit navigate to the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\HamApps\" entry and add a new REG_SZ value with your callsign.

If you're uncomfortable making manual changes to the Registry, let me know and I will send you a file that will apply the change for you.