locked Re: JTAlert not working after update

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 1/09/2021 8:18 am, Jim Tanis wrote:
I went from an early 2.x version (2.05 I think) to the newest version, and now it does not monitor any longer from WSJT .  I installed the .Net 64 bit .  Ideas?

73  Jim NX0R  Hays, KS
First do a Windows restart to ensure that any pending updates are applied.

Then check that you have WSJT-X and JTAlert setup correctly for multicast UDP. See the JTAlert "Help -> WSJTX UDP Setup" menu.

If still no luck, check that you're able to open the JTAlert "Help ->About" window. If it doesn't open than the JTAlerttV2.Manager.exe process is not running or is frequently restarting (check with Task Manager) which is typically caused by an incorrect .NET 5.0.x runtime \installed, usually the non-Desktop version which wont work, it need to be the "Desktop Runtime". See this post... https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/35794