locked Re: JTALERT "B4"

Steve Roth - AD4K

I tried various things, including a 10 sec delay.  I got the same error.  It does put something in HRD logbook but the date is missing as well as some of the other fields.  It also puts a logbook entry direct from WSJT-X with everything correct.

I am thinking that there are other settings in WSJT-X and JTALERT which may be impacting things working correctly - i.e., JTALERT talking to WSJT-X and both talking to HRD Logbook.  Perhaps not, but that is my feeling after reviewing some YouTube sessions discussing similarities with my setup.  For example, there is a "QSO Forwarding" setup page in HRD Logbook.  My current settings do not match those that I found on several YouTube sessions.  I would like to find a person who is using the same setup I have (WSJT-X and JTALERT and HRD Logbook) so I could get screen shots of their setup.

I am usually pretty good at this stuff but not this time.  The setup I have is working, albeit not the best configuration and lacking in correct B4 data.

Just as an experiment I set my HRD Logging to on, then did a  Rebuild Alert Database.  That messed up the alert data for DXCC worked and wiped out the States Worked data.  I recovered from that as I keep good records of my current stuff before messing with new stuff..

I truly appreciate your help.  But, I regret bothering you.

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 12:05 PM Steve Roth - AD4K via groups.io <ad4k.steven=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Okay, I will keep trying.... Thanks

On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 9:40 AM neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

The error just said that JTAlert couldn't verify that the QSO was updated, that could mean that the delay setting in JTAlert was not long enough.   The grayed 'B4' file is not a bad thing, its normal as JTAlert is going to your main log for all the older B4 data which means its updating each time you start the program.

You said that JTAlert showed the QSO as B4, and that's what you want.     As far as it colored red, that's a personal preference, I have mine setup fo show B4 as gray.

None of that (other than the verification) is a 'bad result'.   You can try increasing the time JTAlert pauses before it verifies the QSO was logged, or just turn that verification off.

Neil, KN3ILZ