locked Re: JTALERT "B4"

Steve Roth - AD4K

Oh also, the "Logged B4 Database" in JTALERT is grayed out.

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 9:31 AM Steve Roth - AD4K via groups.io <ad4k.steven=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Okay, I applied the changes you suggested (other than change the MS Access database) with bad results.  I rebooted JTALERT and WSJT-X everything after I made the changes.  Here is what I saw.  KZ9DX had a "B4" added to his call tile on JTALERT and it turned red.

Log Error.jpg
Log w error.jpg
Log Error 2.jpg

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 8:41 AM Steve Roth - AD4K via groups.io <ad4k.steven=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
I will make the changes and let you know.

With my current settings I am getting all the audio alerts (new country, wanted callsign, etc.) and the B4 was working for all.  I recently ran into some B4 issues.

Thanks for the help, I want to get this correct.  Will advise.

Regards, Steve Roth  AD4K

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 7:53 AM neil_zampella <neilz@...> wrote:

In your first post you said :

"I am using HRD with with HRD logging system.  I have no boxes checked on the JTALERT "Worked B4" setting.  I let HRD Logbook do my logging direct from WSJT-X.  Under the JTALERT Setting "Logging" I have nothing selected and never have.  I never noticed this issue before.

In which case I'm surprised you were getting any B4 notifications in JTAlert at all.   JTAlert must have access to the log in order to do the B4 checks from prior contacts..

Turn ON the JTAlert HRD logging by checking ENABLE HRD V5/V6 logging in JTAlert.   Turn OFF the secondary UDP settings in WSJT-X.

I've also seen threads about issues with the MS Access database in HRD.   I'd convert your log to the other database option, Maria DB.    Do a database backup before you do this.

This allows JTAlert to properly signal all alerts based on real-time data using logbook confirmations etc, from LoTW and eQSL.

Neil, KN3iLZ

On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 07:58 PM, Steve Roth - AD4K wrote:

Okay, I believe you.  The way it works now it gives me B4 data.  Lately I have been having issues with unreliable B4 data.

What is the correct way to do it?  I am all ears as having seen your advice in past I believe you can help.

Thanks, Steve