locked Re: On-Line Chat

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 17/08/2021 5:29 pm, Dwaine Pipe wrote:

The strange thing is, is if someone sends me a message it appears, just nothing I send appears to be going out.  Off to check the ports are not being blocked.

Cheers

David

If you're receiving you should be sending. Something is not right. I doubt it is a firewall/port issue as sending & receiving are essentially the same operation in terms of the executed code, they both go through the same IP & Port channel to the Server.

When you receive a message, that is your JTAlert going off to the Server and checking for any waiting messages, it is not the message being pushed to you. It acts a bit like email.

Who reliable is your Internet connection? Does it suffer from excessive lag & dropouts?

Please send me off-list your public IP address and I will go through the server logs and see if something is recorded there, perhaps a timeout being hit due to a slow connection.