From: "Michael Black via groups.io" <mdblack98@...>
Date: 8/3/21 23:07 (GMT-06:00)
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] jtalert logging

Logging is done via a data packet sent via UDP from WSJT-X to JTAlert.  JTAlert then constructs an ADIF record and will use whatever the logging program needs to send it....typically using a TCP connection.

Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, August 3, 2021, 10:29:57 PM CDT, heath calhoun - kb5vai <hcalhoun@...> wrote:

I see how logging works wsjtx.  But am not clear on logging with jtalert.  Does it read the wsjtx log file and use that to record and log qso?  But I see references to jtalert adif log?  I also see log book of the world, old man log book and eqsl logging.
Thanks.