locked Re: Empty Callsign box

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 29/07/2021 12:26 pm, Gilles beaulieu wrote:
Hi, just reinstalled everything (system crash)I have ACLog, WSJT-X running perfectly. I can save contacts no problems. The only problems that I have is, does not tell me if the contact was saved or not (no pop up window) and I don't get anything showing up in the Callsign box. That's the box where you see Callsign #1 and 1. callers and 2 Alerts only.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Gilles VE3NPI

If the Callsigns window is not being populated it will be because JTAlert is not receiving UDP traffic from WSJT-X. The same applies to JTAlert not showing the logging confirmation window, if it never sees the UDP logging message it wont log to ACLog and will not display a confirmation/failure popup because it didn't perform the logging as it was unaware that WSJT-X logging took place.

It sounds like you have WSJT-X set for unicast UDP, using 127.0.0.1 on port 2237 (the default values) and that ACLog has taken exclusive control of the UDP port effectively locking JTAlert out because it was started before JTAlert.

If you want to have both ACLog and JTAlert working with WSJT-X concurrently, you need to have WSJT-X configured to use multicast UDP. Use the JTAlert "Help -WSJT-X UDP Setup" menu to bring up the relevant section in the help file, it contains very simple 4 step instructions with pictures on how to enable multicast UDP in WSJT-X.