locked Re: JT Alert not ready for prime time

chas cartmel

I agree,
JTAlert is a perfect tool for digital communication when paired with WSJT-X correctly.
There are many reasons why things can go wrong if the user does not set it up correctly by following the instructions. I have had the occasional issue but this is down to MY error and not the software which is a damn sight more stable than many software offerings.

Perhaps digital is too complicated for the OP, he is still on AOL which I thought was only viable on steam powered computers these days.

73 Charlie

G4EST

www.g4est.me.uk

Stay safe out there

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim - N4ST
Sent: 27 July 2021 21:44
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] JT Alert not ready for prime time

Perhaps JTALert is not for you.

There are +30,000 users that seem to be making out with it.

Laurie has provided us with an awesome product and I find it a wonderful addition to the digital world of ham radio.

I spent +8 years doing V&V for Naval fire support software and even well trained users can stumble and the most robustly tested software can have a few quirks.

Jim – N4ST

From: Support@HamApps.groups.io <Support@HamApps.groups.io> On Behalf Of AOL/ CompuServe Mail via groups.io
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2021 12:10
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: [HamApps] JT Alert not ready for prime time

All:

As much as I like the features of JT alert this sw is not ready for prime time. The programmer did not do do very good job of checking to make sure it would work with JT-X. I there fore deleatig it from my system and and will not use it till the progrmer fixs his or her program.

Gerald Muller K9GEM

USN DSC (SW) Retired 

--

This email has been scanned by BullGuard antivirus protection.
For more info visit www.bullguard.com

Join Support@HamApps.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.