locked Re: Caller selection not setting WSJT-X to enable transmit #FT8

JTAlert Support (VK3AMA)

On 24/07/2021 9:48 pm, Neal Keating wrote:
I am running JTAlert version: 2.50.4 with WSJT-X version: 2.4.0

I notice a problem with my setup - If a station calls me it shows up correctly on JTAlert and sounds the set alarm.  However, If it click on the station in the All Decodes window it doesn't enable transmit on WSJT-X.  I have to select the station from WSJT-X to reply.

In JTAlert, I have filters for CQ and my call and it works normally.  When I select a station calling CQ, JTAlert sets WSJT-X to enable transmit and I can reply normally.

Is this a problem with my configuration/setup, an issue, or is this expected.

Thanks in advance for reply... Neal

If WSJT-X is responding to JTAlert Callsign click events by setting the DXCall then JTAlert <-> WSJT-X UDP comms is working correctly.

There is nothing else that can be done by JTAlert. The decision to enable TX within WSJT-X is controlled by WSJT-X itself. There is no facility within the WSJT-X UDP API for enabling Tx. WSJT-X decides if it will enable Tx based on the type of decode, I recall that will only occur for CQ decodes.