locked Re: FFMA Grid Alerts- User Defined Alerts

Michael Black

Can we get the FFMAGrid as a separate user-defined checkbox though?
I can easily modify my script to check for FFMAGrid but that would then defeat the regular grid alert which one would want to suppress.
I can see people want either one or both so a checkbox seems appropriate.

Mike W9MDB

On Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 06:43:49 PM CDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 20/07/2021 8:50 am, Francis Inman KV5W wrote:

The FFMA Audio/Visual alert filter is a great! Thanks for the addition. Is there any way to apply this to the user defined alerts as well? This would be appreciated by those of us that use the email notification scripts triggered by the user define alert options.

-Francis, KV5W

Francis,

If you're creative you can modify your existing email script/batch file to trigger on 6m FFMA grids.

Currently the Grid and Band values are available so you could modify the script to check if the Grid is an FFMA grid and if you're on 6m and generate a suitable email. This would require checking the grid against a predefined list of FFMA grids within your script, that will be the tricky part depending on your skill-set.

Alternatively, wait until the next JTAlert release, which has an additional environment variable, "JTAlert_IsFFMAGrid", which is automatically set if the decoded Grid is an FFMA Grid. So you're script would only need to test if the environment variable "JTAlert_IsFFMAGrid" equals "Yes" to know what type of Grid was decoded.

Check your email I have sent you a new build of JTAlert with this new functionality to test.