locked Re: Is there an update order of priority for upgrading programs ?

Bob Frostholm

Hi Jim,

I upgraded WSJT-X and JTAlert  and all seems to work fine.

73

Bob

Ko6Lu

On 7/16/2021 11:59 AM, Jim N6VH via groups.io wrote:

On 7/15/2021 8:23 PM, Bob Frostholm wrote:
Based on what you said, I'm guessing that you have "Enable Standard ADIF File Logging" checked in JTAlert.

Yes

If so, that is the log that JTAlert will scan when you do a database rebuild. JTAlert doesn't scan the WSJT-X log when doing a rebuild. In that case, there won't be any QSL / LOTW confirmations listed in that file (or the WSJT-X file, for that matter). Since your database rebuild shows grid that aren't needed, I assume that you have "No QSL Confirmation (Any Worked Station)" checked in the Rebuild screen. Is that correct?

Yes

73

Bob

Ko6Lu
Bob,

Thanks for the info. Based on what you have said, the worked grids should show up immediately after doing a "Rebuild Alert Database" process. Since that isn't happening, something is wrong. Also, just closing and restarting JTAlert (and WSJT-X) shouldn't have any effect on the not-needed grids. That would only be done by the "Rebuild Alert Database" process.

Have you upgraded WSJT-X and JTAlert yet? If so, did that make a difference.

How long does the database rebuild process take? Since you have an SSD, it should be fairly quick. For example, I have over 60,00 QSO's in my Log4OM log, and it only takes a little over a minute to do the rebuild. I realize this is a very different database structure than the adif you use, but it should still be a fairly short amount of time.

Incidentally, if you don't care about whether or not the QSOs are confirmed, you can check the box in the Grid Alert screen that says "Auto clear triggered Alert entity after logging" (see attached picture). I use that for the Marathon alert, and it works fine. It would still be a good idea to get the rebuild process working, though, since you might decide later to have various confirmations (LOTW, etc) as criteria for scanning.

73,

Jim N6VH

--
Bob