locked Re: Problems with JTAlert latest install

Michael Black

Just rename it temporarily to HamAppsOld

JTAlert will create a new config.  This fixed one other user that I know of.

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 04:01:50 PM CDT, Jim Wysocki <wysocki1@...> wrote:

Mike, to what should it be renamed?  Will the JTAlert app find the data that it needs when all of this needed information is filed under a different location name?

Jim

On 7/14/2021 1:57 PM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Shut down JTAlert and try renaming the HamApps directory then start JTAlert again.

See if that fixes the problem.

Mike W9MDB

On Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 03:51:57 PM CDT, Jim Wysocki <wysocki1@...> wrote:

OK, going in through the %localappdata%\HamApps\JTAlert\W9FI\Config\ pathway leads me to a different place.  That config file only contains a 5k Decodes History V3.config file and nothing else.  "Callsigns_1.config" & "Callsigns_1.config.json" are not not there.  In opening the Decodes History file with Notepad, it appears to contain both binary and ASCII data.  I'll send you a copy of it via your other email address.

73, Jim

On 7/14/2021 1:25 PM, Laurie, VK3AMA wrote:

On 15/07/2021 6:14 am, Jim Wysocki wrote:

Laurie, the config file only contains two more files, JTAlert and JTAlertX.  Each of these files contains config.sqlite records.  "Callsigns_1.config" & "Callsigns_1.config.json" are not not within the W9FI\config folder.

Jim

Your in the wrong config directory if your seeing "JTAlert" & "JTAlertX" sub-directories.

There are two config directories, one with above mentioned sub-directories is used by the main JTAlert. They contain config.sqlite files. These are not what you want. The other which contains the Callsigns_1.config file is the one causing the problems. See this post for the fix https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support/message/36310

de