locked Re: Problems with JTAlert latest install

Jim Wysocki

JTAlert is whitelisted, so PCMatic stays out of its way.  Those warnings are just timestamped notes that an app on the exception list passed by.

There is nothing on Event Viewer for any HamApps application.  All of the other activity was from MSInstaller, updating .NET.

Yes, I'll zip up the directory and email it to you.

Jim  W9FI

On 7/14/2021 11:40 AM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) wrote:
On 15/07/2021 4:09 am, Jim Wysocki wrote:

After that it was followed by what appeared to be an infinite loop of jtalertv2.manager.exe reopenings.  I closed all of these programs after a couple of minutes.  The system clock indicated a repeated pattern of jtalertv2.manager.exe reopening after 5 or 6 seconds.

I hope these clues were instructive.  Now I'm going to uninstall NET 5.0.7 and replace it with 5.0.8.  I'll report back with the test results.

73,  Jim  W9FI

Jim,

Perhaps pcmatic is interfering with this new release of JTAlert?

The repeated looping is JTAlert.exe process restarting JTAlertV2.Manager.exe process. The Manger faulting is the problem.  The Manager faulting is typically caused when running JTAlert 2.50.1 or earlier against NET 5.0.7 caused by a defect in 5.0.7 or when running JTAlert against an incompatible NET runtime. There may be other issues that I am unaware of causing the Manager to fault.

Is there anything in your Event logs pertaining to errors thrown by JTAlertV2.Manager.exe specifically?

if you don't mind, could you zip up your HamApps directory located under $localappdata% and put it up on dropbox or similar? If you can do that please email me directly (vk3ama.ham.apps [at] gmail.com) the download link. Thanks