locked Re: Problems with JTAlert latest install

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 14/07/2021 10:55 am, Jim Wysocki wrote:

I've seen "Decodes" but not "Call Signs".  Hopefully that situation will change soon.

I was running version 2.16.14 before the 2.50.3 install.

I hope these clues help in the problem solving process.

73,  Jim  W9FI

The Decodes window, which BTW is currently being rewritten, uses the old .NET Framework runtime technology. The Callsigns window, which is part of the JTAlertV2.Manager uses the newer .NET (formally .NET Core) Desktop Runtime.

My guess is that the Manager process is faulting which will cause most of the JTAlert functionality to cease working, including opening any of the "yellow stared" windows under the View menu.

Please check the Windows Event Viewer and see if there are any errors recorded there.
eg. this is from my test PC where I have deliberately installed the wrong NET Desktop Runtime causing the Manager process to fault.

Let me know what you find.