locked Re: Problems with JTAlert latest install

Jim Wysocki

Laurie, here's one more item that was buried in my notes to myself.  Task Manager saw that HamApps "Decoder" was running consistently, but that HamApps "Audio and Visual Alerts for WSJT-X (32 bit)" was appearing and disappearing from the its list of active apps.  Audio and Visual Alerts ran on a consistent cycle, at about 3 seconds on and 3 seconds off, repeatedly.

Maybe this is typical behavior or not; I can't tell but you'll know the answer.

73,  Jim  W9FI

On 7/13/2021 6:18 PM, Jim Wysocki wrote:

I'll hold off on making this change and instead see how version 2.50.2 behaves.

Jim  W9FI

On 14/07/2021 9:34 am, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
If you are using multicast ("WSJTX UDP Multicast on Loopback" checked),
you need to use a Multicast address in WSJTX -> Settings -> Reporting ->
Network Services.  See: Help -> WSJT-X UDP Setup in JTAlert.

Joe,

That is not the case. The "multicast on loopback" setting can be left enabled when running unicast WSJT-X.
JTAlert ignores the setting if WSJT-X is detected not running multicast.