locked Re: What happened to Ignore callsign option

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-07-11 10:23 AM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Would be nice to have that on the right-click on the call sign.
It is ... if you enable it in Callsigns Window -> Settings -> Menus

Look at "ignore Management"

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-07-11 10:23 AM, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
Would be nice to have that on the right-click on the call sign.
Mike W9MDB
On Sunday, July 11, 2021, 09:11:03 AM CDT, WB5JJJ - George <wb5jjj@gmail.com> wrote:
Prior to the new redesign, I had the option to ignore a callsign during this instance of JTA until a restart or permanently.  This was really useful when you start to get annoyed by an alert for a certain callsign and want to just mute him for the duration.  I could drill down the menu system and set their call to ignore, but the click was so much easier and didn't take but a second.  I miss that.
This is most prevalent when an "Alaska" or "Hawaii" call keeps being announced on 6m, but they are actually now in AZ or CA.  They just don't realize the grief (but probably do and enjoy it) they cause by not changing their call from a most wanted one to where they now permanently reside.  But they do get a lot of "hits", but no confirmation of any real value to the uninformed.