locked Re: Unable to communicate

Paula K7PAX

After an automatic windows 10 update and reboot, , I received the following similar error - but it did not give any details. This is exactly what it said:

"Unable to communicate with the WSJT-X process.
  UDP Port :
  IP Address :
  Values read from WSJT-X config file...

WSJT-X Detected Instance...
  Process Window Title :
  Process Command Line :
Decode alerts and logging will be unavailable until corrected."

I was running JTAlert 2.50.0 and WSJT-X  2.3.1. I decided to update WSJT-X to 2.4.0 and it worked fine after that. I did not change any UDP settings or anything else. I did not even reboot the PC after updating WSJT-X. I am using the standard recommended UDP ports in my settings. Hope this helps. You might want to try downgrading to 2.4.0 and see what happens.

Paula Johnson
K7PAX