locked Re: [WSJTX] Request - Wanted Call Text Box

Joe Subich, W4TV

What? Settings -> Wanted Callsigns, type in a call and click ADD
is too cumbersome?

What does he want? Free beer with his free software?

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-07-05 2:34 PM, Gordon Brown wrote:
Saw this on the WsjtX group. Thought you would like to know.
GB
On 5/07/2021 11:51 am, N8OFP.DL@gmail.com wrote:
I would like to see a text box added to the main screen of WSJT-X
where a user could enter a specific call sign they are watching for.
The program would highlight that call sign in some fashion to let
the user know that it had been decoded. With the FT8 and FT4 modes
becoming more and more popular it is difficult to find a specific
call sign. This is especially true during special events or contest
(prime example the 13 Colonies Event). The text box would only hold
one call sign and the user could copy and paste or type the call
sign in. To remove the call sign the user would simply highlight the
call and either type over it, or delete it.
I know programs like JTAlert offer this function but the process to
add or remove a call sign is too time consuming, and the author
doesn't seem interested in making any such change..