locked Re: Unable to log to DXKeeper

Mark Basel <mb02731@...>

Hello, yes the QSO makes it to the DX keeper log but does not automatically upload to Lotw which is why Im running this two programs to begin with. I have increased the delay to 20 seconds time to log the QSO, still no luck. Guess I can do them manually but thats a PITA and defeats the reason to use DXKeeper in the first place...

On Jun 25, 2021, at 4:33 PM, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

Subject Line changed to reflect true nature of problem.

On 26/06/2021 7:12 am, Mark Basel wrote:
Hello! if I'm following correctly, im using DX Keeper not HRD so in need to find the correct file for DX keeper to use? Can you tell me which one?  My log file path I see in both JTAlert and DX keeper is C:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Databases\KF0AOC.mdb Sorry for being a knuckle head, not computer savvy

I picked up the HRD log reference in another members signature and incorrectly took it as part of your message.

If JTAlert and DXKeeper are agreeing on the same Log file path, which they should as JTAlert automatically determines the current active DXKeeper log file by examining the same Registry entry that DXKeeper uses to record the Log file path.

Does the QSO actually make it into DXKeeper despite the JTAlert warning popup? Yes or No?
  • If Yes, see the "Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" help topic. Look for the "Warning about QSO not logged when it is logged" entry. Access via the Main JTAlert window "Help" menu.

  • If No, then the comms between JTAlert and DXKeeper are likely being blocked. The most common causes are Protection software interference or running DXKeeper with elevated privileges (Set to Run as Administrator). There is normally no need to run DXKeeper (or DXLab Launcher) elevated if the DXLab suite is installed correctly outside the protected "Program Files (X86)" directory tree.