locked Re: Multiple operator using separate Windows user login - problems

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 20/06/2021 8:15 am, Michael Black via groups.io wrote:
You can also run JTAlert as Administrator and it works on multiple accounts.

Yes, but I NEVER recommend elevating JTAlert as a permanent fix. It is common for users who go down this path having to then elevate other applications either to get them to work with JTAlert or WSJT-X or in some cases just elevate every application on their system just to be safe!

I do hope that any users you have helped in this way that you return to them at a later date, when JTAlert has been updated, to ensure they are no longer running elevated.

Elevating JTAlert or any other normal application should only be done for testing IMO, NOT to be used as the normal method of operation as is the need for some badly designed Ham software I have encountered .

FWIW, the running as Administrator is overriding the security permissions applied to the lock file used by the Manager process to enforce its single instance (per JTAlert instance) operation.