locked Re: Multiple operator using separate Windows user login - problems

Michael Black

You can also run JTAlert as Administrator and it works on multiple accounts.

Mike W9MDB

On Saturday, June 19, 2021, 05:14:11 PM CDT, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) <vk3ama.ham.apps@...> wrote:

On 19/06/2021 11:24 pm, Todd (N3PKJ) wrote:
I'd be interested in knowing if you got this to work with JTAlert 2.50.X because I have 3 PCs that I can not get version 2.50.X to work the JTAlert.manager.exe won't stay running looks like it tries to start but stops/crashes then does this repeatedly. 2.16.17 works fine for me with multiple Windows Accounts. I've spoken to Laurie about the problems I'm he told me to send him the diagnostics from the affected account, which I did, then he told me that majority of the diagnostic files were not sent & that I have JTAlert install problem. I find it hard to believe that 3 different PCs all have the exactly the same problem. I have 2 videos, had to split due to Youtube restraints, that shows exactly what is happening with these 3 PCs located at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URnIFyZKrD4 & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Np72JDDcj4Q. Not mention that with JTAlert 2.50.X experiencing the same issues that Rory is speaking of.

73,
Todd (N3PKJ)

There is a newly discovered design flaw in JTAlert 2.50.x that prevents correct operation from an alternate Windows user account. This has bee corrected for the next release.

Its a design flaw in the unique (single) instance detection for the Manager process.

Until the release, the only option is to run JTAlert from the same Windows user account (the working account) and set the "/callsign=XYL" command line parameter for a JTAlert shortcut.