locked Re: WSJT-X Communication Problem

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 18/06/2021 7:35 am, Wes Atchison via groups.io wrote:
Below is my current JT Alert setup.  Getting error message saying JTA can not connect to WSJT-X.

Wes
WA

JTAlert Instance       : #1
JTAlert Start Params   : /wsjtx
WSJT-X Window Title    : WSJT-X   v2.4.0   by K1JT, G4WJS, K9AN, and IV3NWV
WSJT-X Command Line    : "C:\WSJT\wsjtx\bin\wsjtx.exe"
WSJT-X   --rig-name    :
WSJT-X Config File     : C:\Users\wa5tk\AppData\Local\WSJT-X\WSJT-X.ini
WSJT-X Version         :
WSJT-X Revision        :
WSJT-X Spec Op Mode    : None
WSJT-X UDP ID          :
WSJT-X UDP Port        : 2237
WSJT-X UDP Server      : 239.255.0.1
WSJT-X UDP MCast on LB : True
WSJT-X UDP Max Schema  :

Is this a recent problem, has JTAlert correctly previously?

That info dump tells me that JTAlert identified a running WSJT-X instance but never received any UDP traffic from it.
Some possibilities...
  1. Another application is working with WSJT-X and it is set to use unicast, not multicast UDP and has taken exclusive control of port 2237 preventing JTAlert from receiving UDP messages. Do you have any other apps working with WSJT-X? If so what are they?

  2. WSJT-X is being run with elevated privileges, set to run as administrator. The is never any normal need to do this. Check both the wsjtx.exe application file and the shortcut used to start WSJT-X to see if "Run as administrator" is checked. If that setting is set, turn it off, DON'T try and solve the problem by running JTAlert elevated.

  3. WSJT-X is being started by a third application and that application is set to "Run as administrator".