locked Re: : Todays Windows update and broken JTAlert audio - THE FIX

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 16/06/2021 8:36 am, richard clare wrote:
my issue is that microsoft keeps reinstalling 5.0.7 every day after I have removed and installed 5.0.6. Is there a solution for this?
Thanks, Richard wb6ewm

The definitive solution is to downgrade to JTAlert 2.16.17 and wait till the new 2.50.2 is released.

2.50.02 corrects the crashing no-sound problem induced by the 5.0.7 runtime patch but at the expense of only outputting audio to the Windows default audio device, there is no sound-card selection possible.

I am currently waiting on a new runtime beta from the MS devs for me to test. How that goes and if an official runtime fix is made publicly available within the next couple of days I will reverse the JTAlert 2.50.2 no-sound device changes and then make it a public release. So, I am in a holding pattern at the moment. Regardless, there will be a public release of JTAlert 2.50.2 in a couple of days time, what form that release takes regarding the sound output device selection is unclear at the moment.