locked Re: JTAlert 2.50 - quits working #FT8

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 15/06/2021 5:56 am, Charlie - K5EY wrote:
I'm experiencing the same symptoms with Desktop Runtime 5.0.7. I reverted to 5.0.6 and all was well. However I didn't want to divorce myself from the MS updates by pausing them. So I reinstalled 5.0.7 and turned off the sound in JTAlert. (JTAlert Menu >> Sound >> OFF.)  With the sound turned off everything works fine with Runtime 5.0.7. I figure that it is no big deal to operate without sound until the fix is out.
FYI,

A fixed JTAlert is currently with the Test Team. I expect to make a public release in 2 or 3 days.

Why 2 or 3 days you may ask. The audio fix/workaround is tacked onto the upcoming 2.50.2 release which has a number of enhancements/changes that need to be fully documented, that's taking time, and I was unable to produce a quick fix release without all the new changes going live.

Unfortunately, in order to workaround the audio defect introduced with the NET 5.0.7 runtime, I had to abandon (temporarily) the existing audio management library and use an alternative which does not allow for sound-device selection for audio playback, resulting in all audio being played on whatever device is set as the default for Windows.