locked Re: : Todays Windows update and broken JTAlert audio - THE FIX

Jim N6VH

On 6/10/2021 7:12 AM, g4wjs wrote:
On 10/06/2021 14:42, Jim N6VH wrote:

Don,

If your computer is 64 bit, use that one. If it is 32 bit, use the 32 bit version. That applies to the versions of WSJT-X and JTAlert, also.

73,

Jim N6VH

Don and Jim,

the correct answer is use the version that matches the version of JTAlert you installed. 64-bit package for the 64-bit JTAlert, 32-bit package for the 32-bit JTAlert.

Bill
G4WJS.

Bill,

That is what I was trying to say, but I see I could have worded it better. Yes, they all should be either 64 bit or 32 bit. In general, my preference is to use 64 bit programs when they are available. There are some exceptions, however. Several years ago, Microsoft advised against using the 64 bit version of MS Office (I think it was Office 10, but I'm not sure), even on 64 bit machines.

73,

Jim N6VH