From: Support@HamApps.groups.io [mailto:Support@HamApps.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joe Subich, W4TV
Sent: 09 June 2021 16:20
To: Support@HamApps.groups.io
Subject: Re: [HamApps] Sound dead after latest Win 10 update today

On 2021-06-09 11:01 AM, WB5JJJ - George wrote:
So I fixed the problem, until MS want's to update me again.
And they will. Laurie, 5.0.7 is marked as a security update,
Windows Update is pushing it on every reboot/check for update!

You may have to engage with Microsoft to figure out a way to
work with 5.0.7.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-06-09 11:01 AM, WB5JJJ - George wrote:
Did the roll back to v5.0.6 as Laurie recommended.? So glad he was up
while we were sleeping and had a solution at the get-go.? So I fixed the
problem, until MS want's to update me again.? I hope they roll out
v5.0.8 (actually a rebranded v5.0.6) until they can correct their
problem.? Looks like the MS beta testers failed big time.

We are not the only ones affected by this.? Many Zoom users are finding
it's useless this morning as are many gamers being locked out of their
passion.? Some folks are even getting the dreaded BSOD again.? Doesn't
look like we need a massive ransomware attack, just a simple MS update
can create global commerce disruptions overnight.

Again thanks to Laurie, I avoided a "meltdown" today.? Not really, but
still .....

--
73's
George - WB5JJJ