locked Re: Sound dead after latest Win 10 update today

W4WT

Edited

Well, not just an FYI since I thought it might be nice if you confirmed it to make sure it wasn't just me and then to let people know of the issue so they don't install the update.  I'm about to try to back it out now.

Joe

update: Just tried to back out the change.  It looked like it backed it out but didn't so I guess it can't be removed.  I would advise all to NOT install this update until Microsoft fixes this screw up.

another update:  Forgot about the other ramification of the update.  Not only does it essentially kill the sound but the window where callsigns show up in goes blank when the squeaky sound goes off, stays out for a few seconds, then reappears.

Joe