locked Re: JTAlert 2.50.1 No Alert Colors

Dan Bathker

Laurie VK3AMA wrote:
"Check the main JTAlert window Settings, "Applications -> WSJT-X/JTDX" section, are the coloring options enabled?"

Answer: YES, the coloring options are enabled; see the attached screen-capture image. Two of the Three coloring options are enabled.

I remain at a loss.

Software is clearly my undoing. (see the 2nd attachment = undoing definition)

If the second attachment fails to attach, the text follows:
"One's undoing is one's downfall; to say, 'It was your own undoing,' means that you were the cause of your own downfall.
You brought this on yourself. You have no one to blame but yourself."

So, I brought this problem on myself.

73
Dan K6BLG
licensed with same US-issued callsign since 1953.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 6/06/2021 8:24 am, Dan Bathker wrote:
Yes the UDP settings here in WSJT-X were NOT turned on; one result of my having re-installed both WSJT-X and JTAlert.

So now the UDP settings are all turned ON: See attached image from WSJT-X/Settings/Reporting.

However, no change, I remain with no visual alert colors from JTAlert, I have complete
loss of decode coloring as selected and enabled in JTAlert.

Might there be another common problem resulting in complete loss of decode coloring?

Should I do a *complete* uninstall of JTAlert including deleting the JTAlert Config files in APPDATA as implied by Manuel CT1BXX?
(which is to say, get a complete Fresh Start)

73
Dan K6BLG

While a normal JTAlert reinstall should not affect its existing settings, they may have been lost if your reinstall procedure involves removal of files from the %localappdata% directories.

Check the main JTAlert window Settings, "Applications -> WSJT-X/JTDX" section, are the coloring options enabled?

Dan Bathker
PO Box 23
La Canada CA 91012

d.bathker@...