locked Re: JTAlert 2.50.1 No Alert Colors

Dan Bathker

Laurie VK3AMA

Yes the UDP settings here in WSJT-X were NOT turned on; one result of my having re-installed both WSJT-X and JTAlert.

So now the UDP settings are all turned ON: See attached image from WSJT-X/Settings/Reporting.

However, no change, I remain with no visual alert colors from JTAlert, I have complete
loss of decode coloring as selected and enabled in JTAlert.

Might there be another common problem resulting in complete loss of decode coloring?

Should I do a *complete* uninstall of JTAlert including deleting the JTAlert Config files in APPDATA as implied by Manuel CT1BXX?
(which is to say, get a complete Fresh Start)

73
Dan K6BLG
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 6/06/2021 6:24 am, Dan Bathker wrote:

I am now running WSJT-X 2.4.0 with JTAlert 2.50.1 and now have no JTAlert color alerts.
In WSJT-X I have 2 colors selected:
Green for any "CQ in message"
and Yellow for any "Transmitted message".
And those work fine.
In JTAlert I have enabled and selected colors for "Wanted Callsign", "Wanted Continent" and "Ignored Callsign" and one or two others.
But those colors do not work.

Prior to installing the latest JTAlert version I did have colors from both WSJT-X (2 colors) and from JTAlert (4 or 5 selected alerts).

I have tried and tried to get JTAlert 2.50.1 colors to work but no luck

Of course having colors is a great Operating Aid so I would like to regain colors working from JTAlert 2.50.1.

Is there some setting or whatever that I am missing?
In JTAlert or in WSJT-X?

Thanks and 73
Dan K6BLG

If coloring applied by JTAlert to the decodes displayed in WSJT-X no longer working, that will be due to incomplete UDP Server settings in WSJT-X. Specifically you need the "Accepts UDP messages" enabled in WSJT-X. See the JTAlert Help file, "WSJT-X UDP Setup" topic. WSJT-X by default for new installs or configurations does not turn that setting on, I wish it would as it is my number 1 source of user complaint, either loss of responding to JTAlert callsign clicks or loss of decode coloring.

Dan Bathker
PO Box 23
La Canada CA 91012

d.bathker@...