locked Re: JTAlert doesn't recognize WSJT is running

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-06-05 12:44 PM, James Wolf wrote:
JTAlert is complaining that WSJT is not running. I just upgraded to the latest version of JTAlert. When the installation is done, it complains that the .NET version needed isn't installed. I did install it when it complained at the initial installation. It repairs it when I try to install it again. I have uninstalled it
and reinstalled it
Did you install the *correct version* of .NET 5.0x? If you are using
the 32 bit version of JT Alert, you *must be* using the 32 bit version
of .NET 5. If you are using the 64 bit version of JT Alert, you
*MUST BE* using the 64 bit version of .NET 5.

In WSJT, in the Network section, the UDP and port number have not
changed.
What about the server address? Are you using a multicast address
(224.0.0.1 through 224.0.0.255 or 239.0.0.1 through 239.255.255.255)
the local loopback (127.0.0.1) address? See the "WSJT-X UDP Setup"
topic in JT ALERT HELP.

73,

... Joe, W4TV

On 2021-06-05 12:44 PM, James Wolf wrote:
JTAlert is complaining that WSJT is not running.  I just upgraded to the latest version of JTAlert.  When the installation is done, it complains that the .NET version needed isn't installed.  I did install it when it complained at the initial installation.  It repairs it when I try to install it again.   I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it
I have looked through the messages about this and have confirmed that neither JTAlert or WSJTx is running in the  Admin mode.
In WSJT, in the Network section, the UDP and port number have not changed.
The Does JTAlert look for the UDP packets to know if WSJT is running?
Jim - KR9U