locked Re: Filters - A feature request

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 1/06/2021 3:14 am, Mike Flowers wrote:
I am using JTAlert v2.50.1 with great effect here.  I find that I am using the Settings > Filters features quite a lot.

I change the Filter values frequently as I change bands and as propagation changes.

It would be most convenient of 'Filters' were one of the Windows Options for the Callsign window.  I know this would improve usability for me, and I suspect for other ops as well.

Mike,

I agree the Filtering needs to be moved to the Callsigns window, but there are complications.

Currently, the decodes feed that the Callsigns window receives from the main JTAlert process (the old main window) is already filtered. To move the Filtering to the Callsigns window would require that the decode feed from the main window be unfiltered, that makes sense, but some filtering is occurring in the Alerts generated code which is still within the bowels of the old code. There are some filtering options I could easily move right now, but I chose not to do that to avoid likely user confusion by having filter options in two different parts of the program.

Which of the Filter settings are you frequently changing?