locked Re: a new JTAlert installation does not start

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 1/06/2021 3:00 am, DL7PJ Peter wrote:
The main problem was that I didn't start the program as admin.
I found out about multicast. Now everything works 100%.
Thank you for the help and advice with multicast.

73 de DL7PJ Peter

NO! There is no need to run JTAlert with elevated privileges!  If you have to do that it will be because you have other programs that JTAlert is interacting with set to run elevated. There should never be any normal need to do this. Running multiple applications elevated severely compromises the security of your PC. I do not recommend that. If your turn off the "Run as administrator" settings of your other applications, there will not be a need to run JTAlert elevated.