locked Re: Loss of function after about 15 minutes

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 31/05/2021 5:45 am, Don Kerouac wrote:

I have been using JT Alert to good effect for a couple of years now.

I love it!  It has bee responsible for many new band/countries for me.

I did the update to 2.50.1 and love it except that it stops functioning

after about 15 minutes.  I restart it and it works great again…for about

15 minutes.

I rechecked the UDP settings in both programs.

I rebooted the computer…didn’t fix it.

I reinstalled JT Alert and the problem continued regardless.

All the time WSJT-X continues to function without a hitch…with

or without JT Alert.

I appreciate any and all help/suggestions.

HP Desktop

Windows 7 Pro  32bit

WSJT-X 2.3.1

JT Alert 2.50.1

73, Don K9NR

I don't know. There is nothing in JTAlert that triggers after 15 minutes, the maintenance (file cleanup), update check and system operating condition snapshot all occur at JTAlert startup and then every 60 minutes.

Do you experience the same issue with WSJT-X 2.4.0 ?