locked Re: a new JTAlert installation does not start

Laurie, VK3AMA

On 31/05/2021 3:27 am, DL7PJ Peter wrote:

My First UDP Server works with Grid Tracker

I switched on the second server for JTAlert in the hope that it would work. In addition, port forwarding from the grid tracker to JTAlert does not work, JTAlert does not start.

That will not work. JTAlert only works with the Primary UDP Serer settings. JTAlert will never use the secondary Server settings of JTDX.

The easiest solution is to set JTDX and GridTracker to use a Multicast UDP. That will allow JTAlert and GridTracker to run concurrently.

There is no need to use unicast UDP as you currently are.